Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Footballin' in the New Year

Its a new year, let's attack Football with renewed vigor.1. Huge Man U - Chelski clash this weekend- Sunday 11am EST. I assume Croftina and Dave will be meeting up at a local bar. Or perhaps your rivalry is too tense. Should be a great game, for the tension, not necessarily the tactics.2. The transfer window is open! Who's buying whom? It sounds like Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U are staying put - anyone heard anything to the contrary? Arse, on the other hand, are looking to buy (I hope). Right now the hot name for Arsenal is Andrej Arshavin, who we all remember from Euro 08 as the diminutive Russian playmaker extraordinaire. At least, he was extraordinaire in one match and everyone seemed to jump on his bandwagon. Not sure I like this move, if it happens. The only defense is that Cesc is hurt and we need someone to take over his attacking midfield role. Arshavin could be great, but he's exactly like every other Arsenal midfielder - quick, attack minded, good ball skills, and small. We need a hard man in the mold of Roy Keane, not another Walcott/Nasri/Denilson.3. Very telling that Arsene fielded a strong side in our FA Cup match last week. Usually he sends out the youngsters for those - is the FA Cup our goal now? I guess we could do worse. Arnold is still pulling for the title.4. Conor, we need to help out our main man Satish. You see, since he's been back in the states, all of his footballing knowledge has gone out the window. Over break I asked him to name a starting 11 for Liverpool and he threw out names like Crouch, Hyypia, Ian Rush, ... (just kidding about Ian Rush). We must get this once proud FEGer back on track and up to speed.5. Lastly, and most excitingly, Croftina set up a blog for me. What should I blog about? Should I call myself a blogger? This is all very new to me. I'm excited to try it out. I figure I already waste enough time writing FEG e-mails, why not post them so the whole world can enjoy our banter. As of now, the blog consists of a few start up posts that Croftina did - mostly he copy and pasted from old e-mails of mine.

1 comment:

  1. very excited for the blog. arshavin can be like hleb. riera is one of the keys to liverpool's success. first time they havehad a left-sided winger with pace.brings an arjen robben element to the squad as good. not as good asrobben was with chelsea but same idea. coach con

    ReplyDelete