Tuesday, January 6, 2009

College Hoops 2009

It's almost the New Year, lets start things off on the right foot with a couple of points about college hoops.1. I plan on continuing my policy of referring to all Big East teams in "Cuse" style. This year I will limit it to only Big East teams.2. The Cut lost to The Town a few days ago - any comments from the Huskie fans? 3. Is anyone better than Len Elmore?4. Every year I take your CHEP dues and put them to use carrying out my duties as Commissioner. Two years ago I traveled to Durham to present Dan with his MOE, last year I put together a very high quality video, and this year I went to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield Mass. That's right, me and fellow CHEPster Croftina made the trip to basketball's Mecca. I learned many fascinating things, such as: James Naismith was Canadian!!!!; The group that he first taught basketball to was actaully a collection of "incorrigable" middle aged gentlemen; Coach has vertical leap of 13 inches; John Wooden was first inducted as a player, later as a Coach; The Celtics were originally a barnstorming team from New York; The NIT used to be the most prestigious tournament in the country; The old timey players (we're talking 1920s) would wear knee pads for reasons that were not at all explained. What else did we learn, Croftina?5. That reminds me, none of you have paid your dues, so you each owe me $150 ($50 for the past 3 years). I take personal checks or paypal.6. It's about for Mooks to give us his annual explanation for why The Cuse has not lived up to his pre-season hype and why they are going to be awesome next year. Take it away, Mooks. Actually, I have no idea how the Cuse are doing, but didn't some of their players get arrested?That is all for now, see you in 2009.Coach, out

1 comment:

  1. We also learned that backboards were first put up to keep meddling fans in the balcony from interfering with the game. Who knew!?

    ReplyDelete